Trong quá trình luyện thi, có một số bạn vẫn chưa xác định các dạng câu hỏi trong phần thi IELTS Speaking, vì thế hôm nay Lingo Connector sẽ chia sẻ với các bạn các dạnh câu hỏi thường gặp trong bài thi IELTS Speaking và cách trả lời như thế nào để gây ấn tượng nhé!
A. Dạng câu hỏi “giving and supporting opinions”
- Do you think that children should be forced to wear uniform to school?
- Do you believe that traditional letters are a good way to send messages?
- Do you feel that people should apologize for anything wrong they do?
Một số cấu trúc thường dùng để diễn tả quan điểm
- I believe/don’t believe that…
- I strongly believe that…
- I am of the opinion that…
- I am convinced that…
- I would be appropriate to + verb…
- It’s good for + verb-ing
- People should + verb
- People should make an effort to + verb…
- It’s essential for + verb-ing- It’s vital for + verb-ing
- I would be inappropriate to + verb…
- It’s unfair to + verb…
- It’s unethical to + verb…
- It’s unreasonable to + verb
- It could have a bad effect on…
Ví dụ: Do you think that children should be forced to wear uniform to school?
Yes, I strongly believe that pupils from all ages should wear same clothes when they study at schools. It is necessary for giving children a sense of unity because young students tend to pick on those who do not wear fashionable clothes. If all students have to wear uniforms, social deprived children will not be discriminated against by those who come from richer families.
B. Dạng câu hỏi “evaluating two different points”
- Why do some people are not good at remembering information while others are not?
- Why do some people hold the opinion that it is acceptable to eat meat and others are not?
- Why do some people prefer to travel in groups yet others prefer to travel alone?
Cụm từ về số lượng người
- Nearly everyone
- Almost everyone
- The majority of
- A few
- A large proportion of
Phân loại người theo tuổi tác
- The elderly/ the older generation
- Younger generation/ youngsters
Phân loại người theo hành vi
- Very active people/energetic people
- Blue collar workers/while collar workers
- Sedentary people
- The rich/the poor
- Religious people
- People who have…
- People with…
Tính từ về ích lợi
- Quantity of people prefer/ enjoy/ think/ believe because it’s + adjective
- Rewarding/ challenging/ informative
- Appealing/ interesting/ exciting/ inspiring
- Convenient/ beneficial
Cụm từ về lợi ích
- Enrich their knowledge and open up their horizons
- Develop a sense of social responsibility
- Maintain their cardiovascular system and boost their immune system
- Keep our natural environment cleaner
- Contribute to making society a better place for poor people
Ví dụ: Why do some people hold the opinion that it is unacceptable to eat meat and others are not?
Well, almost everyone in my country eat meat on a daily basic though not in large amount. However, there are religious people and vegetarians choose not consume animal products because of ethical reasons. They are convinced that animals have the same rights as humans so that we shouldn’t treat them like some kinds of food.
C. Dạng câu hỏi “speculating about future events”
- Some people predict that studying from home will be very popular in the future. Do you agree?
- Do you think that people in the future will solve many the environmental and social problems that we are still facing nowadays?
- How will technology affect the daily lives of humans
Cụm từ thể hiện sự dự đoán
- It is predicted that….
- It is foreseeable….
- I foresee…
- It is unforeseeable that….
- There is a strong possibility that…
- It is not very likely that….
- It is probable that….
- It has long been predicted that…- It is highly likely /unlikely that…- Most probably, I would say that…
Thì tương lai hoàn thành và cụm từ
- Will + have + past participle + time phrases (có thể thay đổi vị trí của time phrases)
- In the future
- In the next few years
- In a short time
- In our lifetime
- In about 40 years
- In only a couple of years
- By the next century
- By the year 2030
- In the next two decades
Ví dụ: Some people predict that studying from home will be very popular in the future. Do you agree?
It’s is foreseeable that more and more people will study from home in the next few years. If the internet becomes faster and there are more programs such as Zoom or Skype, that allow students to study from home easily, there is a strong possibility that more people will choose staying at home. Having said that, I foresee that physical classrooms will still play an important part in our education system for a very long time.
D. Dạng câu hỏi “advantages and disadvantages”
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using social networking sites?
- Tell me some of the disadvantages of studying abroad
- Describe drawbacks of having pets
- One of the main advantages of
- One of the main benefits of
- The great advantage of
- A key advantage of
- Another perk of
- Another good thing of
- One more great thing about
- The main disadvantage of
- One drawback of
- Another disadvantage of
Các cụm từ theo sau những cụm ở trên
- Verb-ing/ noun is you can
- Verb-ing/ noun is that you are able to- Verb-ing/ noun is you don’t have to- Verb-ing/ noun is you don’t need to
Ví dụ: what are advantages of online classes?
The main benefit of studying on the internet is that students are allowed to study in a flexible way so they can do it wherever and whenever they feel like it. Another advantage is that attending online courses is reducing the cost of university education and increasing the revenues for institutions because more students can be taught
E. Loại câu hỏi “past events”
- How criminals have changed in recent years in your countries
- How has teaching changed in your country over the past few decades?
- How has technology revolutionized our lives over the past few years
Một số cấu trúc ngữ pháp
- Present perfect continuous: dùng để diễn tả hành động diễn ra trong quá khứ và vẫn còn tiếp diễn ở hiện tại
- Used to + infinitive: nói về thói quen trong quá khứ nhưng giờ không còn nữa
- Past simple: nói về sự việc hay hành động từng làm trong quá khứ như không còn làm hay không còn đúng nữa
- Past perfect: nói về hành động diễn ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ
- X is + comparative adjective + than + time in the past- X is (not) as + adjective + as + time in the past
Ví dụ: How has teaching changed in your country over the past few decades?
In the past, teachers simply lectured students and the students just listened to what they said. We were given lots of facts to learn and there was less room for creativity or freedom of expression than nowadays. I remember learning lots of things without thinking about the theory behind it. Now, there’s been a movement towards students thinking for themselves.
Hy vọng bài viết trên đây đã giúp các bạn xác định được các dạng câu hỏi trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Và đừng quên ghé thăm thư viện của Lingo Connetor để không bỏ lỡ bài viết nào nhé!