Cùng xét ví dụ sau:
Question: The graph below shows electricity production (in terawatt hours) in France between 1980 and 2012.
–>“The line graph compares the amount of electricity produced in France using four different sources of power over a period of 32 years.”
- The graph–> the line graph
- Shows–> compares
- Electricity production–> the amount of electricity produced
- Between 1980 and 2012–> over a period of 32 years.
Paraphrase câu hỏi như thế nào?
Sử dụng từ đồng nghĩa: thay thế các từ bằng các từ khác có nghĩa tương tự.
The graph-(Subject) below shows-(Verb) electricity production-(Object) (in terawatt hours) in France between 1980 and 2012-(Time).
- The graph = the pie/line/bar graph
- The diagram= the figure
- The chart= bar/pie/flow chart; table
- Maps= diagrams
- The charts = The two bar/line/pie charts; there are two bar/line/pie charts, one of which shows…the other shows…
- Shows/ gives= illustrates/compares/reveals/indicates/demonstrates…
- Trends in = changes in
- UK consumption = consumption in the UK
- Various laptop features = different function of laptops
- House ownership = people who have houses/ household having houses
- The development of = the growth and expansion of
- Air travel = travelling by air
- Male = man; female = woman; male counterpart; female counterpart.
- Gender = sex (by gender/ sex)
- [Different/ several/ various/ distinct] + N
- Transportation = [means/ mothods/ patterns/forms] of transport
Between 2015 and 2025 = from 2015 to 2015/ over a period of 10 years from 2015 to 2025/ [over-during-throughout] a 10-year period from 2015 to 2025/ during 2015 and 2015.
Every day/ week/ year = each day/ week/ year
= per day/ week/ year
=on a daily basis/ on a weekly basis/ on an annual basis.
10 years = a decade
- 25 age group = the group of age 25/ the age group of 25/ 25-year-old group
- People aged 25 or under = people aged 25 or younger
- People aged 25 or more = people aged 25 or older
- People between 25-30 years old = people aged 25-30/ the 25-30 age group/ 25-30 year olds / 25-30 year-old people
- Children = the young = young people = youngsters
- The elderly = elderly people = senior citizens = elders
- People in the 20-29 age group = people in their twenties
- The proportion of + plural verb
Ex: Singapore has the highest proportion of millionaire households
- The amount of + uncountable noun
- The figure for + plural noun/ uncountable noun/ country/ percentages
- The number of + plural noun.
- Sort of/ Kind of/ type of…
Và trên đây là cách Paraphrase câu hỏi để viết thành câu mở đầu hay mà Lingo muốn chia sẻ đến cho các bạn. Lingo hy vọng rằng thông qua bài viết này sẽ giúp ích cho các bạn trong quá trình luyện tập. Ngoài ra, các bạn có thể tham gia lớp học IELTS Online tại Lingo để được thầy cô hướng dẫn chi tiết hơn cách làm cũng như là các phương pháp giúp cho bạn làm bài hiệu quả hơn nhé!
(Nguồn: IELTS Sharing Community)