Globalization có nghĩa là toàn cầu hóa, là khái niệm và chúng ta nghe hằng ngày, hằng giờ trên rất nhiều phương tiện thông tin đại chúng. Chính vì vậy, đây cũng là một chủ đề rất hay xuất hiện trong đề thi IELTS. Bạn cần phải hiểu rõ và giải thích đúng về khái niệm của toàn cầu hóa là gì, Vì vậy trong bài viết ngày hôm nay, IELTS Lingo Connector sẽ mang đến cho bạn bộ từ vựng về chủ đề Globalization cực hay cùng với những bài viết mẫu được biên soạn bởi đội ngũ giáo viên với nhiều năm kinh nghiệm giảng dạy của LINGO. Hãy nâng cấp vốn từ vựng của mình để khi gặp phải chủ đề này không còn bị bỡ ngỡ nữa bạn nhé!
1.Từ vựng chủ đề GLOBALIZATION
a. The world – the countries
- Developing countries: Poverty is still an issue in many developing countries.
- Less developed countries: Many less developed countries suffer from a poor transport infrastructure.
- The industrialized world: It is the responsibility of the industrialized world to provide financial support.
- Richer nations: Richer nations exploited the natural resources found in Africa and Asia in colonial times.
- Superpower (Siêu quyền lực): While the USA was the great economic superpower of the twentieth century, it seems likely that the world economy will be dominated by China and India in the twenty first century.
- You should note some very useful world phrases: all around the world, all over the world, in all four corners of the world, worldwide, the other side of the world.
b. How to say “global”
- Globalization is a good word, but you do need some alternatives. These options allow you to use the word “global” in different ways and thinks about different aspects of globalization.
- The global village (làng): It is often said that we live a global village, not least because it is so easy to communicate with people all over the world.
- The global economy: One feature of the global economy is that countries are affected by economic problems in other parts of the world.
- Global trade (giao thương): The WTO has helped reduce tariffs on global trade and this has changed the marketplace.
- International (co-operation) (hợp tác): This problem requires International cooperation just because it reaches beyond the borders of any one country.
- The world: Modern telecommunication system and the internet have made the world a much smaller place.
- Local/national/domestic (nội địa): If we are to find a solution to world poverty, it is necessary to look for domestic solutions and not just international aid.
- Universal (phổ phát/phổ thông): A negative aspect of globalization is that some cultures are losing some of their identity, as more and more people adopt a new universal culture
c. Co-operation and integration
- Co-operate: For example, countries in the EU now co-operate together to control the level of immigration.
- Integrate (hội nhập): One key feature of globalization is that economies around the world have become much more closely intergrated.
- Communication: One of the major benefits of globalization is the ease of communication in the modern world.
d. Other problems related globalisation
- Loss of identity (mất bản sắc): While it can be argued that globalization leads to greater harmony, one drawback is that loss of cultural identity may follow.
- National sovereignty (chủ quyền): Many people object to globalization on the grounds that it interferes with national sovereignty.
Tổng hợp một số dạng đề và mẫu câu trả lời trong IELTS Writing Task 2
Question: Globalization has many positive effects on world’s economy but the negative effects of it cannot be forgotten.Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
People have different views about the connection between globalization and the economy of every country of the world. While it is accepted that this trend of worldwide integration can sometimes have a harmful impact on the international economy, I believe that it is more likely to exert/create positive effects.
On the one hand, there are various reasons why people believe that the potential risks entailed by globalization upon the economy should not be undervalued. First of all, the widespread of global trade is not always beneficial to everyone, especially to developed countries. Companies can move from these nations to other areas where labor is considerably cheaper to exploit employees, and this may create redundancies or job losses. Furthermore, in underdeveloped countries, domestic businesses have to encounter a number of difficulties when they compete with several multinational companies. The workforce will be attracted to international firms/corporations because they may build new stores and office buildings, thus providing employees with modern surroundings that national businesses may not be able to offer.
On the other hand, I would argue that these drawbacks are outweighed by the benefits. Firstly, under pressure from globalization, trade has become more competitive which can lead to the production of higher quality products to capture the attention of consumers. When the old methods are outdated, companies have to upgrade so that they can enhance their own efficiency to compete with the multinationals. In addition, globalization can also create the improving working environment. For instance, many companies in the world market breeze through the economic competition with some positive changes and new policies that favor employees, such as providing daycare, holding company social events and offering flexible scheduling.
In conclusion, it seems to me that the beneficial impacts of global trade are more significant than their drawbacks.
Question: In a global economy, many goods, including what we use on a daily basis, are transported to other counties in a long distance. To what extent do you think its benefits exceed its drawbacks?
In these days, living in a modernization and globalization society makes it easy for people to buy what they need. Although this trend may bring several downsides for using foreign products, the return is highly justifiable.
On the one hand, there are some drawbacks for the utility of exported goods. The first bad point is that the newer merchandises appear in other markets, the more attractive they are. As a result, there is a major pressure for local business, leading to series of problems such as unemployment rate as well as social evil or social crimes. Additionally, experiencing a faraway transport has resulted in an increase in both pollutions due to a big expenditure on fuel and traffic jams.
However, I would argue that these negative effects are outweighed by their merits. The prominent positive side is that the more competitive the market is, the lower the goods’ prices are. Consequently, consumers are given the most benefit by using foreign things with better quality in reasonable payment to meet their basic demands. For example, the majority of Vietnamese inhabitants are likely to choose eye-catching Chinese clothes, costing lower compared with local materials. Furthermore, standing in a highly competitive environment, the only way to survive for local businesses is encouraging creativity to improve the quality of their products. Consequently, the latest technology and more efficient methods are must be used in both manufacture and management, leading to developing the host country.
In conclusion, it seems to me that the potential advantages of enjoying exported goods from afar community are more significant than the opposite sides.
Question: Some people say that to solve today’s global program every nation should have a good relationship with other nations. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? What do you think about cooperation and communication between countries?
The world today is confronting many issues, and to resolve these requires all nations to keep a good connection altogether. I totally agree with this notion and assert that the unification when a country attempts to cooperate and communicate to others is vital to foster healthy development of global economy and society.
It is undeniable that since all humans started to live on the same land, the Earth, every individual nation apparently should get in touch well with other countries to ascertain that every issue related to (troublesome) problems in economical-social terms can be effectively solved. For example, global issues like climate change cannot be deceased completely unless every nation commits to cutting down fume emission not only from green campaigns for fuel tax but also from environmentally-friendly factories encouragement. Furthermore, good relationship over the world means no war on the globe, which symbolises peace and friendship, which is indispensable to relieve the international conflicts. Notwithstanding, neighbour nations cannot avoid some disagreement, such as politics, or invasions beyond borders of land or ocean, the seeing-eye-to-eye relationship can help them mediate themselves and solve global issues much easier than the case with intervening of negotiators.
Based on what is mentioned, (the) cooperation and communication are vital for the balance and health of economy and society of all countries. While cooperation helps to solve the global issues in terms of economic chaos like regression, the teamwork between nations indicates that every country can have a chance to help their friend countries better. For instance, refugees flooding to smelting spots, forcing the countries in different worlds have right and efficient actions to tackle this problem through shaking hand and finding the solution from global aids to enhance the standards of living in any place on any continent. Meanwhile, by communication, every country can share its success and discuss its problems, from which it can perfect its economy, boost the development and research internationally. Furthermore, communication assists to ease the conflicts on land or ocean, especially in countries/regions with potential economic benefits such as oil resources or fishing diversity.
In short, maintaining an effective cooperation and connection among nations will be beneficial in the long run, I would argue that to prosper all countries should communicate and collaborate as much as possible.
Và trên đây là toàn bộ tự vừng và kiến thức liên quan đến chủ đề GLOBALIZATION. IELTS Lingo Connector hy vọng rằng với những chia sẻ này, sẽ giúp cho các bạn học có thêm thật nhiều kiến thức bổ ích trước khi tham gia kỳ thi IELTS. Ngoài ra, các bạn cảm thấy khó khăn về kỹ năng nào hãy nhanh tay INBOX cho IELTS Lingo Connector để được hỗ trợ nhé! Chúc các bạn thành công
Xem thêm bài viết liên quan:
Tổng hợp các dạng bài IELTS ESSAY
Tổng hợp các Vocabulary trong IELTS Writing Task 1