IELTS Lingo xin chào tất cả các bạn, ngày hôm nay, Lingo sẽ tiếp tục chia sẻ đến cho các bạn những kiến thức vô cùng bổ ích trong phần thi IELTS wriitng task 2. Và chủ đề ngày hôm nay LINGO muốn đề cập đến đó chính là chủ đề Goverment, đây là một chủ đề khá là khó ăn điểm vì tính phức tạp của nó. Chính vì vậy, các bạn cần phải trau dồi và tìm hiểu thật kỹ về kiến thức chính trị và xã hội, Vậy nên, hôm nay IELTS Lingo sẽ cập nhật cho các bạn những từ vựng liên quan đến chủ đề vô cùng bổ ích. Hãy tìm hiểu và note ngay vào trong đầu của mình bạn nhé!
1.Từ vựng chủ đề GOVERNMENT
a. Forms of government
- Central government (Chính quyền trung ương): this is the national government of a country
- Local government (chính quyền địa phương): this is the regional form of government that typically takes care of more local issues
- The authorities (chính quyền): this is a general term for all forms of government – note that we use it in the plural.
- Law enforcement agencies (cơ quan thực thi pháp luật): these are bodies that have direct control of how laws are being obeyed. This is something central government does not always do itself. An example of an enforcement agency is the body that monitors pollution in rivers.
- International organisations: don’t forget these either. many problems need global solutions and demand international cooperation from bodies like the UN.
- NGOs (tổ chức phi chính phủ): these are the opposite of governments! NGO stands for Non Governmental O Almost always their work is charitable and very often in aid and development. You are most likely to refer to them when countries help each other.
b. What central governments do
- pass/introduce legislation (thông qua luật): The time has come when the government needs to introduce new legislation to protect the privacy of citizens.
- take measures/action (hành động): The situation is now so severe that the government must take measures to police the internet.
- raise (and lower) taxes (tăng thuế): One way to limit air pollution from aircraft would be for the government to raise airport tax.
- have/provide a budget/funding (cung cấp tài chính): It is the responsibility of the government to provide more funding for research into renewable energy.
- ban/prohibit (cấm): Most people would agree that there should be a ban on the sale of automatic weapons.
c. People within a government
- Politicians (chính trị gia): If enough people protested then politicians would have to listen and take action.
d. What local governments do
- impose fines (phạt tiền): Local councils should ensure that householders are fined if they they do not recycle their waste properly.
- provide resources/services (cung cấp nguồn lực, dịch vụ): Local government needs to provide adequate resources for schools so that they can cope with the influx of children who speak English as a second language.
- Maintain (duy trì): If local governments maintained the roads in a better condition, then there would be fewer problems with traffic congestion.
- Fund (tài chính): Councils could fund local community projects where residents work as volunteers in schools and hospitals.
f. Thinking long-term and short short-term
- Temporary (tạm thời): One idea is that the government could introduce a temporary restriction on immigration to determine what effect it would have on employment rates.
- long-term (dài hạn) The government needs to consider the long-term effect of a poorly trained workforce.
- Immediate (ngay lập tức) Governments of wealthier countries should provide financial assistance to people in disaster zones to help with their immediate needs.
g. How people can influence governments
- Lobby politicians (vận động hành lang): Individuals could help here by lobbying their elected representatives and MPs to try and force them to introduce legislation.
Một số dạng đề và mẫu câu trả lời trong IELTS Writing Task 2
Question: Some people think the government should pay for healthcare and education, but other people claim that it is the individual’s responsibility.Discuss both views and give your opinion?
While there is widespread belief that people must be responsible for paying for their own health care and education, others suggest that the government should be accountable on this issue. I agree with the latter.
On the one hand, there are some reasons why health and education are personal matters. The first obvious reason is that it is unfair if all citizens can be received the same amount from government funding for their health care and educational services. This is because there are different degrees of living, either employed citizens or unemployed ones, creates different/varied levels of taxes paid to the government. Another clear reason is that by paying their own fees, people would be more serious about taking care of themselves. In other words, they become more responsible persons, which is good for society.
On the other hand, I think that the government should be accountable for paying for health care and educational expenses. To begin with, citizens have to pay many kinds of fees for their government such as income taxes, property taxes and value added taxes, which strongly support the government in developing their army and technology. Therefore, government’s budgets should be allocated to fund medical activities and educational programs for their citizens to satisfy people’s physical needs. The second, by paying these expenses, governments would be gaining a number of advantages in training productive labors who will make a contribution to the development of the economy.
In conclusion, although some may think that people must be accountable for their own education and healthcare, I would contend that governments should take the appropriate course of action to relieve the heavy burden of spending on medicine and education.
Question: Should government spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should the government spend more money on improving public transportation? What is your opinion?
It is the case that whether the government should improve transportation system or they should enhance the quality of public transportation is a debatable issue. Although both (of these) methods have many positive impacts on traffic, the government should prioritize the maintenance of road network.
On the one hand, there are some reasons why the investment in public transportation is beneficial. The first obvious reason is that travelling by means of public transportation such as bus or subway is a way to save money and energy because of the economical ticket price and less fuel energy used. Another clear reason is that the widespread use of public transit service helps alleviate (the) traffic jam and air pollution due to the decrease in private vehicles and gas emission. Furthermore, a high standard of public transportation will encourage people to use such kind of transport more often. This will lead to some social benefits such as the reduction of traffic crashes or the connection of community.
On the other hand, I believe that it is perhaps more important to upgrade the existing road conditions. To begin with, traffic congestion could be solved if a nation possessed high-quality roads and highways because this makes the movement of vehicles more fluently. In addition, keeping road system to a good standard also means improving road safety by bringing the number of traffic accidents down. Moreover, a developed transport infrastructure will facilitate the growth of other economic sectors. To be specific, the transport of commodities between rural and urban areas can become more efficient and optimal owing to the improved road network.
In short, although there are a number of reasons why people tend to encourage their government to invest heavily in public transit system, I would argue that building national road network to a high standard would be more essential.
Và trên đây là tổng hợp những kiến thức cực hay về chủ đề Government. Hy vọng rằng, với những chia sẻ trên của IELTS Lingo sẽ giúp các bạn có thêm thật nhiều kiến thức thật bổ ích mà bạn có thể áp dụng. Chúc các bạn học tập tốt và đạt những band điểm mà mình mong muốn trong kỳ thi IELTS của mình nhé!
Ngoài ra, nếu như bạn có thắc mắc gì không hiểu thì cứ nhắn tin về cho IELTS Lingo Connector để được giải đáp thắc mắc bạn nhé!
Tìm hiểu thêm: