Chủ đề Media là một chủ đề thịnh hàng trong lĩnh vực truyền thông. Chúng ta thường gặp rất nhiều trong đời sống. Chính vì vậy, đây cũng là một chủ đề rất là HOT trong phần thi IELTS. Trong bài viết này, IELTS Lingo sẽ giới thiệu đến cho bạn những từ vựng vô cùng hay và hữu ích sẽ giúp cho các bạn có thêm thật nhiều ý tưởng và nâng cao vốn từ vựng của mình. Cùng tham khảo ngay nhé!
1.Từ vựng chủ đề MEDIA
- Mass media (truyền thông đại chúng) [Noun] (newspapers, magazines, television, radio, and the Internet).
Ex: Students will be able to list several mass media. I never trust the mass media.
- Online scams = Internet fraud (lừa đảo) [Noun] (a type of fraud performed by a dishonest individual, group who makes use of the Internet in order to make money).
Ex: Nowadays, there are a variety of online scams, this includes obtaining money with fake photos, fake names, fake e-mails, etc.
- Breaking news (tin nóng) [Noun] (newly received information about an event that is currently happening).
Ex: My father tends to keep up with the latest breaking news around the world.
- Commercial advertising (quảng cáo) [Noun] (advertising on the radio or television, between or during programmes that is typically for the purpose of educating consumers or promoting specific product or service).
Ex: Commercial advertising usually involves selling a product or service.
- To keep abreast of something (update) [Expression] (to stay up-to-date with the new information about something).
Ex: I often read the newspapers to keep abreast of current affairs.
- Informative (giàu thông tin) [Adjective] (providing a lot of useful or interesting information).
Ex: I read a very informative newspaper article this morning.
- Freedom of the press ( tự do ngôn luận): The concept mainly refers to freedom from the interference by government and the protection of information sources.
Ex: The right of a journalist to write an article critical of the President is an example of freedom of the press.
- Disseminate (truyền bá thông tin) – to spread or give out something, especially news, information, ideas, etc., to a lot of people.
Ex: One of the organization’s aims is to disseminate information about the disease.
- Public interest (công chúng quan tâm) – The public interest refers to information that it is beneficial for the public to be aware of.
Ex: The Board was satisfied that it was in the public interest to broadcast the story.
- Broadcast (truyền tin) – to spread information to a lot of people.
Ex: The interview will be broadcast during prime time.
- Accountable for (responsible):
Ex: The media plays an important role in Western society as it makes individuals and governments more accountable for their actions.
- Manipulate (control/ restrict ) (Verb)
Ex: It should be recognised that controlling media gives enormous power as it can be used to manipulate public opinion
- The increased availability of media (sự phổ biến tăng lên của Media)
Ex: The increased availability of media also has significant implications (impacts) for government as it has become virtually (gần như) impossible to control publicly available information sources.
- Censor (v) (kiểm duyệt) – censorship (n)
Ex: The book was heavily censored when first published.
Khóa học IELTS General chỉ từ 6-8 học viên
Một số dạng đề và mẫu câu trả lời trong IELTS Writing Task 2
News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to write in newspapers
- What factors influence these decisions?
- Do you think we become used to bad news?
- Should more good news be reported?
Question: What problems have mass media created nowadays? Can you come up with the solutions for these problems?
With the advances in technology, especially the advent and rapid growth of the Internet, it cannot be easier for people to reach the latest information first-hand. However, the more accessible the media become, the more troubles will be triggered. The problems resulting from mass media are plentiful, some viable solutions can be used to alleviate them.
First and foremost, certain significant annoyances have arisen concerning how mass media affect people. The main issue is the invasion of privacy. Specifically, paparazzi are always determined to get a story of celebrities at any cost. Even an ordinary person involved in the current affairs could be the target of the media due to the public’s attention. Furthermore, the news media often exaggerate the truth in pursuit of high audience ratings. Several journalists probably distort the facts and mislead the public in order to aid and abet people or organizations charged with crimes. In short, as a consequence of the above reasons, the mass media have become less trustworthy.
Nevertheless, there are certain actions that could be taken to mitigate the aforementioned problems. Viewers have a responsibility to choose the reliable sources of information to keep themselves up to date with the latest news. Moreover, governments may raise citizens’ awareness to avoid untrustworthy channels through traditional ones. They are also responsible for fining the media exaggerating the real troubles so that people could gain access to the high-quality coverage of news easily. By and large, it is quite difficult to get rid of the mentioned issues but audiences can decide to expose to a wealth of information from dependable sources.
In conclusion, mass media have given rise to a variety of pressing issues. It is highly advisable that governments and citizens take appropriate measures to combat the situation. Feasible solutions include raising people’s awareness about the problems and restricting erroneous media.
Some people think that the news media nowadays have influenced people’s lives in negative ways. Others disagree and say that it is also positive. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Trên đây là tất cả những kiến thức về chủ đề Media mà IELTS Lingo đã tổng hợp lại. Hãy bắt tay vào luyện tập ngay bạn nhé. Nếu có gì thắc mắc không hiểu thì bạn cứ việc Inbox ngay cho IELTS Lingo Connector để được giải đáp và hỗ trợ nhé. Hy vọng rằng, với những chia sẻ này sẽ giúp cho bạn có thêm thật nhiều kiến thức thật bổ ích trong quá trình học tập và áp dung trong cuộc sống hằng ngày. Chúc các bạn thành công!