Environment là một chủ đề không bao giờ ngừng hot trong đề thi IELTS , chính vì vậy, tuần suất xuất hiện của chủ đề này trong các bài thi IELTS cũng khá thường xuyên. Trong bài viết này Lingo Connector sẽ giới thiệu đến cho các bạn 30 collocation trong IELTS Writing Task 2 giúp cho bạn ăn điểm khi gặp chủ đề này nhé!
30 Collocations trong IELTS Writing Task 2
- Serious environmental degradation: (The process in the quality of environment changes to a worse condition )Suy thoái môi trường nghiêm trọng .
Example: “In some industrial zones, the production processes may result in serious environmental degradation.”
- Irresponsible disposal of industrial waste: Discharge industrial waste without concern about the environment: Xử lý chất thải công nghiệp một cách vô trách nhiệm
Example: “Global warming stems from the irresponsible disposal of industrial waste.”
- Waste treatment systems: The way to treat wastes without harming the environment:Hệ thống xử lý chất thải
Example: “If factory installed waste treatment systems instead of discharging chemical wastes into rivers, water pollution could be controlled.”
- Discharge chemical waste: to dispose of chemical waste: Xả chất thải hóa học
Example: “Nowadays, more and more company and industrial zones have been discharging chemical waste into rivers, causing death to many fish and other aquatic animals.”
- Litter the street: To leave the waste paper, cans, etc. on the street: Xả rác trên đường
.Example: “Residents will consider newcomers dirty and ill-mannered if they litter the street or spit gum in public places.”
- The emission of greenhouse gases: The act of sending out gas, especially carbon dioxide or methane, that is through to trap heat above the Earth and cause the greenhouse effect : Sự phát thải khí nhà kính
Example: “If all countries in over the world could decrease their energy consumption, this will reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.”
- Chemical fertilisers/weedkillers: Poison used to kill unwanted plants.: Phân bón / thuốc diệt cỏ hóa học
Example: “Organic farmers do not pollute the water or the soil which result from the application of chemical fertilisers and weedkillers.”
- Eco-friendly: Not harmful to the environment. : Thân thiện với môi trường
Example: “Countries such as Japan are leading the way, for example, in developing more eco-friendly cars, buses and lorries.”
- To be spoiled by: To be received a bad effect that it is no longer attractive, enjoyable, useful, etc : Bị phá hư bởi
Example: “Several famous beaches in Vietnam have been spoiled by this lack of respect for the local environment.”
10.Contamination of land, air or water: To make land, air or water dirty or harmful by putting chemicals or poison in it. : Ô nhiễm đất, không khí hoặc nước
Example: “Contamination of land, air and water has reached alarming levels.”
- Illegal logging and deforestation: the work for cutting down trees for commercial purpose in an illegal way : Khai thác và phá rừng bất hợp pháp
Example: “It should not be forgotten that illegal logging in the Amazon Basin is still a major factor in climate change.”
- Burning fossil fuels: Burning a fuel such as coal or oil that is produced by the very gradual decaying of animals or plants over million of years. : Đốt cháy nhiên liệu hóa thạch
Example: ” Individuals can make a small contribution by not burning wood and other fossil fuels.”
- long-term consequences: something that happens in the distant future as a result of a particular action or set of conditions. : Hậu quả lâu dài
Example: “The effects of our use of fossil fuels today may last for generations, and it is almost certain to have long-term consequences for humanity.”
- Renewable energy: Renewable energy comes from sources that can be easily replaced naturally so that there is always more available : Năng lượng tái tạo
.Example: “Wind farms and other sources of renewable energy will help to reduce CO2 emission to an acceptable level.”
- Environmental protection: The act of protecting the environment. : Bảo vệ môi trường
Example: ” Environmental protection is one of the most important challenges almost every country is facing.”
- Sustainable development: The development without damaging the environment.: Phát triền bền vững
Example: ” The government should commit to sustainable development and the protection of the environment.”
- To deplete natural resource: To reduce the amount of natural resource Làm cạn kiệt tài nguyên thiên nhiên
.Example: ” Depleting natural resource is become a serious concern for the government to get deal with.”
- Fight climate change: To prevent a permanent change in weather: Chống lại biến đổi khí hậu
Example: “International cooperation is necessary to fight climate change.”
- Conserve energy: To protect and prevent energy from reduction. : Bảo tồn năng lượng
Example: “Scientists in many countries are cooperating to find a method to conserve energy.”
- Sort the daily garbage: To arrange garbage in groups according to size, type daily. : Phân loại rác thải hằng ngày
Example: “One thing that individual can do to protect the environment is sorting the daily garbage.”
- Dump waste: To dispose of waste in an irresponsible manner : Vứt rác bừa bãi
Example: Disposal of household waste is a daunting task for local authorities. Towns and cities cannot just dump such waste and hope it will go away.
- Toxic waste: Poisonous waste : Chất thải độc hại
Example: Efforts to recycle waste are only a partial solution. Meanwhile, the problem of toxic waste remains.
- Offset carbon emissions: Pay for an equivalent amount of carbon dioxide to be saved elsewhere: Bù đắp lượng khí thải carbon
Example: Some airlines have schemes now for offsetting carbon emissions.
- Introduce green taxes: Taxes which relate to the protection of the environment Đặt ra thuế bảo vệ môi trường
Example: Politicians should not be afraid of introducing green taxes and incentives to encourage eco-friendly design in architecture.
- Reduce carbon footprint: reduce amount of carbon dioxide created by an activity/person/business : Giảm lượng khí thải carbon
- Food miles: Distance food has to travel between where it is grown or made and where it is consumed : Khoảng cách vận chuyển thực phẩm đến nơi tiêu thụ
Example: We can all reduce our carbon footprint by flying less, and reduce our food miles by buying local produce.
- Searing heat: extreme heat : Nóng bức
Example: Parts of Europe which used to be cooler now experience intense, searing heat, and temperatures soar above the average every summer
- Widespread flooding : Ngập lụt trên diện rộng
Example: Most areas in Europe suffer widespread flooding on a regular basis.
- Alternative energy sources: Nguồn năng lượng thay thế
- Hybrid car : Xe điện
Example: To protect the environment, people can buy a hybrid car, develop alternative energy sources for homes, solar heating for instance. and build more offshore wind farms.
Trên đây là tổng hợp 30 collocation thường được dùng trong IELTS Writing Task 2 – chủ đề Environment. Hãy áp dụng ngay vào trong bài làm của mình nhé! Chúc các bạn thành công và học tập tốt