Describe a future plan là một chủ đề rất là hay và thường xuất hiện trong giao tiếp cũng như bài thi IELTS Speaking Task 2. Vì đây được xem là một chủ đề khá là dễ. Trong bài viết này, IELTS Lingo giới thiệu đến cho các bạn một bài nói mẫu ở chủ đề này thêm vào đó là những từ vựng nâng cao mà bạn có thể áp dụng vào trong bài nói của mình. Hãy cùng tìm hiểu ngay nhé!
Bài trả lời mẫu
You should say:
- What it is
- Why you have this plan
- What you will happen need to do in order to make the plan
- How you think you will feel after you achieve this
You may or may not notice, but we have run across at least one or two articles illustrating how people should live their lives to the fullest every single day. Reading them has struck me hard, that I haven’t tried doing something risky or adventurous enough in my life, which will somehow leave a regretful feeling to my older self when years come by. And that’s why I have scratched my original plan to settle down first, to make time for traveling for at least 3 months within the next 2 years.
It may sound far-fetched to give up your routine lifestyle and stable income to commit for long-term retreat which holds no guarantee to be beneficial for your next job, however, life is not always about the results but the experience. It will take serious time and effort to carefully prepare for the journey unless you want to let the grass grow under your feet. Fortunately, I am that type of person; hence, I have already sketched a plan. The first thing crossing my mind when thinking about travelling is money, which is also the most crucial tool in any situation. Saving up to the amount that can cover at least all my basic needs is the goal. Besides, it’s nearly impossible to truly discover local cultures without understanding them and languages can break any boundary. Therefore, based on the list of countries I would love to visit, I will try to learn a little about their languages as well as look into their cultures and customs to be able to communicate more efficiently and avoid taboos that visitors usually make. Emerging yourself in an entirely different nature and people will definitely change how you perceive the world and cultivate your appreciation with everything offered.
Từ vựng nâng cao trong IELTS Speaking
- Run across (phrasal verb): meet or find by chance
Eg: Rose happened to run across John in the park last week.
- Live life to the fullest: to fully enjoy one’s life
Eg: My grandma told me to live my life to the fullest.
- Strike (v): (of a thought or an idea) to come into somebody’s mind suddenly
Eg: It’s just struck me that I still have to pay my bills.
- Scratch (v): to decide that something cannot happen or somebody/something cannot take part in something, before it starts
Eg: After a heavy loss in the business, he decided to start from scratch.
- Far-fetched (a): unlikely and unconvincing; implausible
Eg: The police thought her story was far-fetched.
- Let the grass grow under your feet: delay in acting or taking an opportunity
Eg: Rose missed a lot of opportunities by letting the grass grow under her feet.
- Sketch (v): to give a general description of something, giving only the basic facts
Eg: The artist made a sketch of the old building.
- Boundary (n): a line that marks the limits of an area; a dividing line
Eg: Bay of Bengal is the boundary between India and Sri Lanka.
- Taboo (n): considered so offensive or embarrassing that people must not mention it
Eg: Marriage between close cousins is considered to be a taboo in many cultures.
- Perceive (v): to understand or think of somebody/something in a particular way
Eg: The villagers perceive the Minister to be a good man.
- Cultivate (v): to develop an attitude, a way of talking or behaving, etc.
Eg: Children must be thought to cultivate good manners from childhood.
Và trên đây là bài trả lời mẫu cho IELTS Speaking Task 2 – Describe a future plan. Thêm vào đó là những từ vựng nâng cao mà các bạn có thể áp dụng vào trong bài làm của mình. IELTS Lingo hy vọng rằng thông qua bài viết này sẽ giúp cho các bạn có thể bổ sung thêm được từ vựng cùng với những cách trả lời hay nhất khi gặp chủ đề này nhé! Chúc các bạn thành công!