Chào các bạn, hôm nay IELTS Lingo muốn chia sẻ đến các bạn từ vựng chủ đề Job Satisfaction và bài mẫu của đề thi thật phần thi IELTS Writing ngày 5/3/2020. Cùng Lingo tham khảo bài viết dưới đây nhé!
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Job Satisfaction
- job security: sự ổn định trong công việc
- to have a stable income: có thu nhập ổn định
- today’s cut-throat labour market: thị trường lao động cạnh tranh gay gắt ngày nay
- the increasingly competitive job market: thị trường việc làm ngày càng cạnh tranh
- to face unemployment: đối mặt với thất nghiệp
- to switch jobs frequently: chuyển đổi công việc thường xuyên
- job seekers: người tìm việc
- to experience temporary unemployment: trải qua thất nghiệp tạm thời
- a higher level of job satisfaction: mức độ hài lòng cao hơn trong công việc
- a rewarding job: một công việc mang lại cho mình cảm giác hài lòng/hạnh phúc
- a stable monthly paycheck: tiền lương hàng tháng ổn định
- to keep employees engaged and satisfied: giữ cho nhân viên gắn bó với công ty và hài lòng
- to provide a sense of security: mang lại cảm giác an toàn
- to create a positive and healthy environment for …: tạo ra một môi trường tích cực và lành mạnh cho …
- a dead-end job: một công việc không có triển vọng thăng tiến
- to earn a higher wage: kiếm được một mức lương cao hơn
- to work in a safe environment: làm việc trong một môi trường an toàn
- to demonstrate respect toward others: thể hiện sự tôn trọng đối với người khác
- to feel overworked and overwhelmed: cảm thấy quá sức và quá tải
Nguồn: IELTS Nguyễn Huyền
2. Bài mẫu
Some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security, while others believe that they cannot always expect job satisfaction, and a permanent job is more important. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (Đề thi thật ngày 5/3/2020)
Work is an indispensable part of adult life and also a topic that often gets talked about in daily conversation. Some people have argued that satisfaction at work is more meaningful than job security, whereas according to the opinion of others, job permanence should take priority. From my perspective, even though these two are opposing ideas, there are reasons to believe that either one deserves recognition.
To some, employment security might be more important primarily because of the prospect of advancement. Understandably, if a person can stay employed at a place of work for a long time, they can expect to have more chances at getting promoted through seniority. While promotion certainly means more responsibilities, it also means a higher pay grade, better bonuses and recognition at the job. In addition to this, when employers create job security for people, the employees will be able to spend many years working for the firm, and as a result, they will have the time to develop camaraderie with co-workers. They will have stronger bonds with their colleagues, and their social lives will definitely benefit from the networking that they’ve been able to make.
On the other hand, job satisfaction could be an even more crucial factor to consider. Firstly, when employees are filled with contentment, they will be motivated to work more effectively and contribute more to the company. This is a very practical argument for many businesses to consider, especially businesses in dynamic fields such as creativity or technology. As a matter of fact, many innovative firms are increasingly investing into employees’ amenities or recreation so that people can feel relaxed while they’re coming up with ideas at work. Secondly, as employees are human beings with emotions, they will benefit from a job that can raise their morale. It will give them a clear purpose, and as a result of being given a purpose, people will be able to improve themselves in many other aspects of life.
In conclusion, I find both points of view to be equally reasonable. While the view that employment security is more important definitely fits more conservative areas of work such as the public sector or hospitality, the view that fulfilment at work is more influential seems to suit fast-moving and energetic fields.
Nguồn: IPP IELTS