Chào các bạn, hôm nay Lingo Connector muốn chia sẻ đến các bạn một chủ đề khá phổ biến trong bài thi IELTS, đó là chủ đề Work. Các bạn cùng Lingo tham khảo các từ vựng và những bài mẫu dưới bài viết này nhé!
1. TỪ VỰNG IELTS CHỦ ĐỀ WORK
- Labour productivity: Năng suất lao động;
- Unemployment benefits: Trợ cấp thất nghiệp;
- To acquire experience/knowledge/skill: Có được kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng;
- Put knowledge gained into practice: Áp dụng kiến thức đã học vào thực tế;
- Minimum wage: Lương tối thiểu;
- To job-share: Chia sẻ công việc;
- Flexible working hours: Thời gian làm việc linh hoạt;
- Health and safety in the workplace: Sức khoẻ và an toàn nơi làm việc;
- Working mothers: Những bà mẹ làm việc;
- To take early retirement: Nghỉ hưu sớm;
- A retirement package: Chế độ hưu trí;
- Holiday entitlement: Số ngày nghỉ phép;
- Sick leave: Nghỉ ốm;
- Annual leave: Kỳ nghỉ hằng năm;
- Job prospect: Triển vọng công việc;
- Promotion opportunities: Cơ hội thăng tiến;
- To move up the career ladder: Tiến xa hơn trong con đường sự nghiệp;
- To pursue successful career: Theo đuổi sự nghiệp thành đạt;
- To take a career break: Nghỉ việc một thời gian (sẽ quay lại);
- To have no career ambitions: Không có tham vọng trong sự nghiệp;
- Job satisfaction: Sự hài lòng trong công việc;
- Working environment: Môi trường làm việc;
- Supportive work colleagues: Đồng nghiệp nhiệt tình hỗ trợ;
- To be a good team player: Làm việc nhóm tốt;
- A heavy workload: Khối lượng công việc lớn;
- Labour-intensive: Cần nhiều lao động;
- An internship: Kỳ thực tập;
- A desk job: Công việc văn phòng;
- To have a steady job: Có công việc ổn định;
- To dismiss sb from sth: Sa thải ai đó khỏi cái gì.
- Employees ≈ staff: nhân viên
- Employers ≈ bosses: ông chủ
- To work longer hours≈ to spend more time at work: làm việc nhiều giờ hơn
- More job opportunities ≈ greater employment possibilities: nhiều cơ hội nghề nghiệp hơn
- To spend a large amount of time working ≈ to devote a huge amount of time to their work: dành một lượng thời gian lớn làm việc
- To have a severe impact on…≈ to have an adverse impact on… ≈ to have a harmful impact on… ≈ have a negative impact on…: có ảnh hưởng tiêu cực/có hại lên…
- Low work productivity ≈ poor work performance: hiệu suất làm việc thấp
- To make more errors at work ≈ to be more likely to have accidents: sai sót nhiều hơn/ có khả năng cao gặp tai nạn
- To get a good job ≈ to get a well-paid job: có được một công việc tốt
- To feel bored and stressed ≈ to experience feelings of boredom and stress: cảm thấy mệt mỏi và căng thẳng
- To take on leadership roles ≈ to be in leadership positions: tiếp quản cương vị lãnh đạo
- To cause a company great damage ≈ to sign risky contracts and face a risk of monetary loss: gây cho công ty tổn thất nặng nề/ ký kết các hợp đồng rủi ro và đối mặt với nguy cơ mất tiền
- Higher unemployment rates ≈ increase in the proportion of people who are out of work/jobless: tỷ lệ thất nghiệp cao hơn/ sự gia tăng trong tỷ lệ người không có việc làm
- The career that they are genuinely passionate about ≈ the career path that they have a passion for: sự nghiệp mà họ thực sự đam mê
- To have the chance to learn various skills and experience ≈ to have the opportunity to learn a wide range of useful skills and experience ≈ to have the opportunity to develop their creative thinking and sharpen their skills and abilities: có cơ hội học hỏi những kỹ năng và kinh nghiệm hữu ích/ có cơ hội phát triển tính sáng tạo và rèn dũy các kỹ năng
- To pursue their careers ≈ to chase after their dream careers: theo đuổi sự nghiệp của họ
- To stay in the same position for too long ≈ to do the same jobs for years ≈ to stay in the same job for a long period of time: ở tại một vị trí trong thời gian dài
- Unemployment rates → levels of unemployment// levels of joblessness// unemployment levels: tỷ lệ thất nghiệp
- The proportion of people who were unemployed// the proportion of people who were jobless// the proportion of people without work: tỷ lệ người thất nghiệp
2. BÀI MẪU WRITING CHỦ ĐỀ WORK
“In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder? Is it always a good thing to work hard?”
It is true that some people work hard and put strenuous efforts and are more workaholics in comparison to other other people of society.Although it can be useful to achieve your desired dreams and goals, but at the same time also have negative effects on your health and social life.
Personally , i believe that hard work can shape our personalities ,minds and fulfills our dreams in different perspective of life. for example we can live luxury life through success of hard work and can be a role model in our society and family.
Whereas, excess of anything is also bad and harmful too. it can weaken our stamina and body can suffer from various health problems. Moreover,continuous doing hard work can make person introvert and sense of anxiety and panic attacks arise for not becoming a loser.
To conclude, i partially agree with the above statement that success can be achieved through setting goals and hard work. but it is necessary to work smarter sometime. one should maintain work life balance and set appropriate boundaries to look carefully on career and position that will allow him/her to enjoy within those limits.
“People should work a fixed number of hours per week , and employee should not ask anybody to work more than this.”
Jobs are the basic need of people to survive happily in this world . In some situation the jobs could be very miserable for the employees especially if it is not properly managed by the employers.That is why it is always argued that the there should be certain working hours weekly for all the staff and I firmly agree with this point of suggestion.
First and foremost, more or less every human have limited mental and physical working energy . After a certain period of time if the energy is consumed more it could be very harmful for the health.So , it is quite wise to allocate the specific time duration to all the employees to work properly and healthy . Too much exposure to work could definitely destroy their health and performance . If the high management ask for more work after the working hours there are definite chances that the employers will not get the desired result.
Furthermore, if the staff is trained from the beginning to work in a specific time it could be the best practice of time management. Consequently, the people would cope with the targeted work more efficiently and nicely . So it is highly recommended to the employers to give them specific time for the best staff training because if the people think that they are asked to stay more even after the working hours may be they show laziness in the work.
Moreover, it is absolutely necessary for every human to spend some quality time with the family. So , if the people is not overburdened at work place after the working hours . This precious time could be spent more constructively with the families .So by mutual understanding of employee and employer a healthy environment could be built .
In conclusion , I am totally convinced with the certain working hours suggestion because it has not only tremendously beneficial for people but also marvelous impact on office performance .
“People tend to work longer hours nowadays. Working long hours has a negative effect on themselves their families and the society so working hours should be restricted. Do you agree or disagree?”
Working longer hours is getting more common in today’s society. I personally believe that this trend not only has a severe impact on the workers themselves, but also on their families and the community as a whole. Therefore, I totally agree with the idea of limiting working hours.
A few decades ago, a person normally worked an average of eight hours per day. Average daily working hours in recent years, however, have significantly increased to ten or even fourteen. This, in my opinion, adversely affects employees’ health and productivity. For example, people who spend longer at work are more likely to suffer from various health issues, ranging from fatigue to more serious problems like anxiety disorders or even stroke . Failing health leads to more sick leave , poor work performance and low productivity. My cousin is a case in point. Working nearly twelve hours on a daily basis, he frequently feels exhausted and makes more errors at work than he used to.
I also think that extended hours of work has serious consequences for families and communities . At the family level, busy working schedules prevent people from taking frequent family trips or even just having meals together. Relationships among members are greatly weakened if they cannot make time for each other. In terms of community life, overworked people do not devote time to voluntary activity that brings benefits for their society. My uncle, for example, hardly has time for local community service projects such as conservation work or working with a charity because he works more than sixty hours per week.
In conclusion, I would argue that working time should be reduced since the frequency of long working hours exerts an adverse effect on employees, their family bonds and their community.
Nguồn: IELTS Vietop