Đối với những người học tiếng Anh, đặc biệt là luyện thi IELTS, một trong những khó khăn mà bạn thường phải đối mặt là sử dụng Phrasal Verbs một cách tự nhiên và đầy đủ.
Hôm nay, IELTS LINGO sẽ giới thiệu đến các bạn Phrasal Verbs với Get & Take , hai trong số những động từ được sử dụng phổ biến nhất trong bài thi IELTS, để giúp bạn vượt qua bài thi Nói IELTS.
Phrasal verb là sự kết hợp giữa một động từ và một hoặc hai tiểu từ (particles). Các tiểu từ này có thể là giới từ (preposition) hoặc trạng từ (adverb). Tuy nhiên khi thêm các tiểu từ này vào sau, nghĩa của phrasal verb sẽ hoàn toàn khác biệt so với động từ tạo nên nó.
Phrasal Verbs với Get
Get out: leave or move.
- I quickly get out of the accident because I don’t want to put myself at risk.
Get over (something): stop thinking about something.
- I can’t get over the result of the mock university entrance exam. It obsesses me all night.
Get away with (something): To escape.
- The thief gets away with easy money which he just has stolen from a foreigner.
Get on with (something): continue with something.
- Although my parent could handle the fee, I am going to get on with my study.
Get around: to go places.
- I prefer to get around by bicycle rather than a car because it helps me to lose my weight.
- The summer is coming. Don’t try to get around it
Get around to (something): finally, do something.
- I finally got around to applying for the university as I think it is necessary for my future career
Get along with: be friendly with.
- There are five members in my small family. The one who I get long with is my father.
Get across: make somebody understand something
- I was an inexperienced new teacher and it was hard for me to get across the lessons to my students
Get by: have enough to survive.
- Jack has enough money to get by until Monday.
Get down to: begin to do or give serious attention to
- Lunch is finished, and he wanted to get down to tackling this problem
Phrasal Verbs với Take:
Take after (somebody): to resemble somebody else, usually a family member.
- Many people said that I took after my father, which makes me feel proud.
Take apart: to disassemble something.
- He took his watch apart to see because he thought he could fix its problem.
Take back: to admit wrongdoing
- You’re wrong, let take back what you have said, it was totally unacceptable.
Take down: to dismantle
- It’s time to take down this building for the public park.
Take (somebody) in:
to give someone shelter
- She took in her friends until they could found another place to live.
to be deceived or swindled
- Jane was taken in by all his tricks.
Take (something) in:
to observe something.
- They took in every detail to make a careful report.
to make a piece of clothing narrower or smaller
- The actor had lost weight so the gear had to be taken in more at the shoulder.
Take off: to leave the ground and fly
- The plane finally could take off after it had a technical problem.
- What does the plane take off?
(to become popular or successful)
- That new song by famous singer has taken off in the online music charts.
(to leave a place quickly – colloquial)
- It’s time to leave. I have to take off now as my friends are waiting for me at the hotel.
Take on: to hire/employ
- The library took on more staff over the busy period.
Take out: to remove
- The police took out his gun and shot the terrorist on the street.
- He took the potato out of the sandwich because he doesn’t like it.
(to go on a date with someone)
- What time is he taking you out? – We decided to have a dinner at 7.00 pm.
Take over: to take control of something.
- Micheal took over as a new manager of the restaurant.
Take up: to begin a sport, hobby or a challenge.
- He took up basketball at a young age and is now an expert.
(to fill space)
- That fridge takes up a lot of space in the kitchen room.
Trên đây là một sốPhrasal Verbs với Get & Take , hai trong số những động từ được sử dụng phổ biến nhất trong bài thi IELTS, để giúp bạn vượt qua bài thi Nói IELTS. Chúc các bạn học tốt nhé! Đừng quên cập nhật các kiến thức IELTS cực hay tại IELTS LINGO nhé!