Hi các bạn, đến với series chia sẻ kiến thức học IELTS ngày hôm nay. Lingo sẽ mang đến cho bạn các bộ từ vựng về và bài viết mẫu chủ đề TOURISM/ TRAVEL mà bạn có thể áp dụng vào trong bài wrtiing hoặc Speaking đều được. Bộ từ vựng đã được thầy Dane Trương cùng đội ngũ giáo viên dày dặn kinh nghiệm biên soạn từ band 5.0 đến 6.5 Cùng tham khảo ngay bài viết dưới đây nhé!
Chủ đề Tourism/ Travel
Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (writing task 2 – band 5)
Over the past few years, we have seen a controversial recognition of that visitors around the world should be charged more than local residents for attractive sites of culture and history. In my opinion, I completely disagree with this issue.
First of all, it is my personal belief that foreigners must be less responsible for contributing to such impressive destinations than the locals. Obviously, international visitors do spend their money on food, souvenirs, travelling or services, which benefits the economy of the host country. This is a noticeable reason why local people ought to consider the amount of money visitors support just as an additional donation which not only shows travelers’ overwhelming assistance and enthusiasm but also plays a desired role in maintaining these cultural and historical relics. Whilst, local visitors need to take their responsibility to keep such important sites going.
- Local residents: người dân địa phương
- Attractive sites: địa điểm thu hút
- Impressive destinations ~ attractive sites
- International visitors: khách du lịch quốc tế
- Host country: nước chủ nhà
- Maintain (v) duy trì
- Cultural and historical relics: di tích văn hóa và lịch sử
A lot of people are travelling nowadays than before. What are the reasons for this and what are benefits of travelling? (writing task 2 – band 6.5)
Travelling has become more economical and easy today than compared with the older days. In contrast to this, earlier period making a travel plan itself, used to be a tedious task as it included many factors like firstly setting up a budget, arrangement of various place bookings etc. Today, people are travelling more than ever before due to easy connectivity and reach of many places. Moreover, people have more flexible jobs so they can take time off from their works and just have a weekend get away the rat race. Travelling has also become more affordable due to the entry of many multinationals in the country and also mainly due to the reason of too much of competition. So everyone tries to give a better deal to the customer either by offering discounts or by giving an all in all customized package.
- Make a travel plan: lên kế hoạch du lịch
- Set up a budget: lập ngân sách
- Connectivity (n) sự kết nối
- Take time off from work: nghỉ phép
- Get away (phr. verb) chạy trốn
- Rat race: cuộc sống bon chen
- Affordable (a) có khả năng chi trả
- Mutinational (n) công ty đa quốc gia
- Offer discount: giảm giá
- Customized package: gói du lịch theo yêu cầu
Complete sentences 1-11 with a suitable word or expression from the box.
|deported • expatriates • internally displaced repatriated • immigration • UNHCR • persona non grata economic migrants • culture shock • emigration • refugees|
* UNHCR: the United Nations High Commission for Refugees
- At the beginning of the war, thousands of _______ fled over the border to the next country.
- Since the civil war began, almost a million people have been forced to move to another part of the country. These ____ persons are now without food or shelter.
- Nineteenth-century governments encouraged _____ to the colonies.
- The government is encouraging ______ because of the shortage of workers in key industries.
- Going from California to live with hill tribes in India was something of a ______.
- Thousands of British _____ live in Singapore, where many of them have high-powered jobs.
- The ______ is under a lot of pressure owing to the huge number of displaced persons around the world.
- He was ______ from the country when his visa expired.
- Because he had a criminal record, the government didn’t want him to enter the country, declared him ___ and asked him to leave immediately.
- After the economy collapsed in the east, thousands of ____ headed west in the hope of finding a good
- He didn’t want to be ______, but nevertheless was put on a plane back home.
2. internally displaced
5. culture shock
6. expatriates (often shortened to expats)
7. UNHCR (the United Nations High Commission for Refugees)
9. persona non grata (a Latin expression which describes a foreign person, usually a diplomat, who is not
acceptable to a government)
10. economic migrants
11. repatriated / deported
Exercise: “Different cultures are mixing today and the world is becoming a global village. Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion”
Lingo Connnector hy vọng rằng, với những chia sẻ trên sẽ giúp cho các bạn củng cố thêm được thật nhiều kiến thức bổ ích để chuẩn bị tốt cho kỳ thi của mình.
Chúc các bạn học tập tốt và đạt được những band điểm mong muốn !