Newspaper là một chủ đề thuộc Media và thường xuyên xuất hiện trong bài các đề thi IELTS Writing & Speaking. Hôm nay, trong bài viết này, IELTS Lingo sẽ giới thiệu đến cho các bạn từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Newspaper và bài trả lời mẫu xoay quanh chủ đề này, hãy cùng tham khảo ngay bài viết này nhé!
Từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Newspaper và bài trả lời mẫu
1. IELTS Speaking Part 1
- Dip into(phrv): đọc kỹ lưỡng, đọc nghiền ngẫm
- Ubiquitous(adj): có mặt khắp nơi
- Social media platform: nền tảng mạng xã hội
- Keep sb updated with: cập nhật với điều gì
- Appealing(adj): cuốn hút
- Attractive visuals: hình ảnh đẹp đẽ
- Column: bài báo (trong tạp chí)
- Come to a halt: đến điểm dừng
- Choose sth over sth: chọn cái này thay vì cái kia
- Cup of tea (n): Sở thích
- Scroll down (v): Lướt
- Keep myself updated (v): Cập nhật
1. Do you often read newspapers?
Well, I’m actually not the type of people who dip into their daily newspapers. Since the presence of the Internet is pretty much ubiquitous nowadays, I often go online and flick through e- news on a regular basis. It is surprising to know that social media platforms like Facebook can keep you updated with what’s going on around the world.
2. Do you prefer to read local news or international news?
I actually don’t have any preference toward either of them. Domestic news is obviously important because those affairs have a direct impact on our life. On the other hand, foreign news is very interesting as they can help me enrich my horizons, therefore I don’t want to lose track of either of them.
3. Which is more popular where you live, newspapers or magazines?
I would say that these two share equal popularity in Vietnam. Newspaper, although may be a little bit old-fashioned, is still the main source of daily news for adults, especially among senior citizens. On the other hand, magazines are becoming increasingly appealing to young people for their attractive visuals nd interesting columns
4. Do you think newspapers will be very important to you in the future?
I think it depends. Since the development of technology never seems to come to a halt, I strongly believe that I will choose e- newspapers over the traditional edition. Besides the obvious convenience that e- news can offer, I’m drawn to the fact that it’s much cheaper and more reliable.
2. IELTS Speaking Part 2 – 3
- Daily routine (n) /ˈdeɪ.li ruːˈtiːn/: thói quen hàng ngày
- Encyclopedia (n) /ɪnˌsaɪ.kləˈpiː.di.ə/: bách khoa thư
- Elegant (adj) /ˈel.ə.ɡənt/: thanh lịch
- Exquisite (adj) /ɪkˈskwɪz.ɪt/: lộng lẫy
- Fashion trend (n) / ˈfæʃ.ən trend/: xu hướng thời trang
- Items of clothing or accessories (n): quần áo/ phụ kiện
- Masterpiece (n) /ˈmæs.tɚ.piːs/: tuyệt tác
- In-depth (adj) /ˈɪn.depθ/ : có chiều sâu
- Healthcare (n) /ˈhelθ.ker/: chăm sóc sức khỏe
- Discount coupons: [n]: Phiếu giảm giá
Example: I cut the discount coupons out of the newspaper and used them to buy an iPhone at a reduced price.
- Run (n): Chạy hoặc kiểu khởi động chương trình, cung cấp gì đó
Example: The school runs special courses for teenagers during the summer.
- Issue (n): Số tạp chí định kỳ
Example: In the last issue of the magazine, there is an article about restaurants in Hanoi.
- Subscriber (n): Số người đăng ký
Example: The number of subscribers to the magazine has now reached 10,000.
- Fully intend to: Chuẩn bị kế hoạch làm gì đó
Example: If I don’t go on holiday this month, then I fully intend to take a holiday next month.
- Carry on: Tiếp tục
Example: Even if I pass the exam, I fully intend to carry on studying English to an advanced level.
- Glossy (adj): Mịn màng, sáng, đẹp
Example: The shiny paper used in glossy magazines is very expensive, so the magazines too are always expensive.
- Outstanding (adj): Tốt, rất quan trọng
Example: The outstanding tourist attraction in New York is the Statue of Liberty.
- St is a great inspiration for Sb: cái gì là nguồn cảm hứng lớn cho ai/ cái gì
Shakespeare’s works have been a great inspiration for me in my writing.
- To mix and match : phối đồ/ phụ kiện
My sister is an expert in mixing and matching items of clothing together.
IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe a magazine or newspaper that you like to (or, often) read
- You should say:
- what magazine or newspaper it is
- what the magazine or newspaper is about
- how often you read it
- what kinds of people generally read this magazine or newspaper
- and explain why you like to read it.
To be honest, I don’t read magazines much these days, but I still read the one called Vietraveler, which is a tourism magazine.
The magazine contains all that we need to know in terms of traveling, such as reviews of numerous famous destinations, tips to save money when traveling or what we need to prepare for a trip. Besides, at the back of the magazine, there are a few discount coupons for some particular domestic tours which are run by tourist companies.
Always, when a new issue is published, I get it delivered to my house by post. Actually, I have been a subscriber to this magazine for almost 5 years and I fully intend to carry on reading it. As all the information in it is arranged logically, therefore, I find it quite easy to locate every article that interests me. In addition, I highly appreciate the quality of the magazine’s contents. The attractiveness of the glossy photos and the high standard of journalism are just two of its outstanding features.
As a final point, I would emphasize that I usually depend on this magazine to plan a good trip or suggest one to my friends.
IELTS Speaking Part 3
1. How do the newspapers market themselves for increasing sales?
Newspapers use different strategies to boost up marketing. They publish advertisements on television and display their banners on hoardings. Apart from this, they also advertise themselves on websites. They have catchy slogans to attract mass number of people. Those newspapers which are quite new in the market try to give discount offers to the public on purchase of the newspaper packages, while those which are already established keep on retaining their customers through various plans and offers.
2. What kind of marketing practices do these newspapers use?
One of the effective marketing practices is to visit the people in their homes. Sales team goes door to door for selling and marketing their newspapers. This works great for a newly launched newspaper. Many newspapers such as Amar Ujala and Dainik Bhaskar used these practices when they started and now, they have become quite popular newspapers across the country. Another successful strategy used by newspapers is to offer gifts along with monthly subscription of their newspapers. They usually offer utensils, appliances etc. to attract more and more people.
3. Do you think people will use the internet to read news online?
Absolutely, people would prefer to use the internet for reading news online especially through their mobile applications. They are already using the internet to a much larger extent that they check for weather updates, news updates and watch talk shows online on their computers or mobiles. In the future also, this trend is likely to get widen.
4. Do you think newspapers manipulate real stores for increasing their sales?
Yes, it is possible that some newspapers may be altering real stories to make them look attractive and pleasing to the readers. Some local newspapers may be publishing fake stories also. For example, it is seen many a times that some editors publish rumours about celebrities or famous personalities just to boost up their sales. When celebrities are then asked about such published stories, they completely deny them. Just for the sake of publicity of their papers, they spread false news or rumours and this is quite prevalent these days.
Và trên đây là kiến thức liên quan đến từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Newspaper trong IELTS Speaking. Hãy cùng lưu về và luyện tập nhé!
( Nguồn: IELTS Fighter)