Xin chào mọi người, hôm nay Lingo Connector sẽ chia sẻ đến các bạn từ vựng và bài mẫu của bài thi IELTS Speaking chủ đề Holiday để các bạn có thể tham khảo trong quá trình học IELTS của mình nhé.
1. Từ vựng IELTS chủ đề Holiday
- all-in package/package holiday: a holiday where you purchase the travel and accommodation together: tour trọn gói
- breathtaking view: an extremely beautiful view : cảnh tuyệt đẹp
- charter-flight: a cheaper form of flying than a scheduled flight: chuyến bay giá rẻ
- check-in desk: the place at the airport where you register for your flight and deposit your luggage: quầy làm thủ tục check-in
- departure lounge: where you wait for your flight to be called: phòng chờ để lên máy bay
- far-off destination: somewhere a long way away: một nơi xa
- to get away from it all: to take a holiday to escape a busy or stressful lifestyle: đi thư giản
- guided tour: an organized group shown around a place of interest by an expert: tour có hướng dẫn viên
- holiday brochure: a glossy publication with details of holiday packages: niên giám du lịch
- holiday destination: where you go for a holiday: điểm đên du lịch
- holiday of a lifetime: a special holiday that you are unlikely to repeat: chuyến đi để đời
- holiday resort: a place where lots of people go for a holiday: khu nghỉ dưỡng
- hordes of tourists: crowds of tourists: nhiều du khách
- local crafts: objects produced locally: đồ thủ công địa phương
- long weekend: an extended weekend holiday including Friday or Monday: nghỉ cuối tuần dài (cộng them ngày phép)
- out of season: outside of the main holiday period: hết mùa du lịch
- picturesque village: very pretty village: ngôi làng đẹp như tranh
- passport control: the place where your passport is checked: khu kiểm tra an ninh sân bay
- places of interest: sites of interest to tourists: điểm vui chơi, du lịch
- wildlife safari: a holiday, often in Africa, to observe wild animals: công viên hoang dã
- self-catering: a holiday where you supply your own food: tour tự phục vụ (thức ăn, uống)
- short break: a short holiday: kỳ nghỉ ngắn ngày
- to go sightseeing: to look around the tourist sites: đi tham quan
- stunning landscape: extremely beautiful countryside: vùng quê tuyệt đẹp
- travel agent: a shop that specializes in booking holidays: văn phòng du lịch
- tourist trap: somewhere where too many tourists go: khu vực đông đúc du khách
- youth hostel: a cheap form of accommodation: nhà nghỉ công đoàn (giá rẻ)
2. Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking chủ đề Holiday
Part 1- style questions
Examiner: What kind of holiday do you like?
Miguel: I try to avoid tourist traps … I like to get away from it all and prefer going somewhere off the beaten track … last year I had the holiday of a lifetime … a two week wildlife safari in Kenya.
Examiner: What do you like to do when you’re on holiday?
Anna: I enjoy visiting the local places of interest … I like to go sightseeing and always sign up for guided tours as it’s a chance to be shown around and take photographs … one of my hobbies.
Examiner: Do you have many tourists in your country?
Amy: Yes … we have a lot of holiday resorts along the coast that are popular with tourists … most people come on package holidays and stay in one of the many hotels and self-catering apartments.
Part 2- style task
Describe a beautiful place you once visited. You should say:
- when you went to this place
- where it was
- who you went with
and say why you liked it so much.
Sally: A few years ago I went on a long weekend to the Lake District in the UK … it’s a very popular holiday destination in the north of England … I went on my own and had a wonderful time … I stayed in a youth hostel and met some really nice people … but the most memorable thing about the holiday were the breathtaking views … and lovely picturesque villages … it can get very busy with hordes of tourists so I decided to go out of season in the autumn … the weather was fantastic and the shops were full of local crafts … a really great holiday … it’s certainly not the kind of short break for someone looking for a busy nightlife but if you want to relax in the middle of stunning landscape I would certainly recommend a holiday to the Lake District.
Part 3-style questions
Examiner: What do you think has led to the growth in the tourist industry?
Miguel: It’s much easier and affordable to travel now … nowadays you can get cheap charter-flights or all-in packages … to somewhere near or to a far-off destination.
Examiner: How do people tend to choose a destination?
Anna: The Internet is a great source of information and high street travel agents are still very popular … that’s where I like to go to get holiday brochures for the place I’m interested in.
Examiner: People sometimes say flying is the most glamorous form of travel. Do you agree?
Amy: I’m not so sure really … flying can be quite boring … queuing up at the check-in desk … going through passport control … sitting for ages in the departure lounge … then the flight itself can be quite uncomfortable … no … I’m not sure I agree.