Các hành vi phạm tội (Criminal acts) và các vấn đề liên quan luôn đứng trong top 10 chủ đề IELTS Writing Task 2 phổ biến nhất. Dưới đây là những từ vựng hữu ích cho IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Crime and Punishment. Hãy cùng tìm hiểu nhé!
Từ vựng IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Crime and Punishment
1. The crime rate: Tỷ lệ tội phạm.
“The reduction of the crime rate is the main goal for lawmakers.
2. To commit a crime: Phạm tội.
“In the US, a young person who commits a crime by stealing a car will almost certainly go to prison.”
3. Prison sentence: Án tù.
“It is the heated debate that government has to pass lenient laws that would avoid the prison sentence while others think it would increase the crime rate in our society.”
4. Deterrent: Răn đe.
“The death penalty acts as a deterrent to people who wish to bring drugs illegally into another country.”
5. Loss of freedom: Mất tự do.
“Loss of freedom is a punishment that offenders have to face when they go to jail.”
6. White-collar crime: Tội phạm trí tuệ cao.
“More and more employees who work in a bank turn into crime as white-collar crime.”
7. Be put on probation: Bị quản chế.
“Sometimes first-time offenders are not imprisoned but are put on probation for a set period of time to ensure their good behavior.”
8 . Social isolation: Cách ly xã hội.
“The offenders have to serve the prison sentence as the social isolation to remain safety of society.”
9. A violent criminal: Một tên tội phạm bạo lực.
“A student who is bullied at school may turn into a violent criminal when they grow up.
10. Motive for crime: Động cơ phạm tội.
” A desire for revenge on his wife is a motive for his crime as murder. “
11. Allay the fears: Xoa dịu nỗi sợ hãi.
“I believe that some solutions could help to allay people’s fears.”
12. Turn to a career of crime: Trở thành tội phạm.
“Nowadays, in the harshly competitive labor market, the unemployment rate is rising rapidly, more and more people cannot meet the basic human’s need that is maybe a reason for them to turn to a career of crime.“
13. To be imprisoned: Bị bỏ tù.
” Being imprisoned is the best way to punish offenders for their guilty. “
14. To breed future offenders: Để lai tạo ra những kẻ phạm tội trong tương lai.
“Parents should give more attention to their offspring in order to avoid breeding future offenders.”
15. Easy money: Kiếm tiền dễ dàng.
“To make easy money, the bank robbery have stolen two billion dollars from five international banks in this year.”
16. To break the law: Vi phạm pháp luật.
“If a person breaks the law, he is certainly imprisoned.”
17. To resort to crime: trở thành tội phạm vì không có giải pháp nào khác.
“After losing all money from the game, the men resorted to crime to get easy money.”
18. Illegal activities: Các hoạt động bất hợp pháp.
“It is alarming that more and more youngsters turn into illegal activities.“
19. Fall foul of the law: Phạm luật.
“In Vietnam, if the company discharges the huge amount of untreated waste into rivers, they certainly fall foul of the law.“
20. Juvenile delinquency: tình trạng vị thành niên phạm tội.
“It is true that juvenile delinquency rate is increasing alarmingly, which could jeopardize the social stability.”
Trên đây là “Từ vựng IELTS Writing Task 2 – Topic: Crime and Punishment”. Đừng quên cập nhật những kiến thức IELTS cực hữu ích tại IELTS LINGO nhé!