Memories là một trong những chủ đề phổ biến trong các phần thi IELTS, đặc biệt là phần thi Speaking. Hôm nay IELTS LINGO CONNECTOR sẽ chia sẻ đến các bạn từ vựng và bài mẫu chủ đề Memories để các bạn có thể tham khảo nhé!
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Memories IELTS Speaking
- Memorable: Đáng nhớ;
- Summon: Triệu hồi;
- University entrance exam: Thi tuyển sinh;
- Vibrantly: Một cách rực rỡ, sống động;
- Crucial: Quan trọng;
- High school graduates: Những bạn tốt nghiệp trung học;
- Obligated: Bắt buộc;
- Pressure: Áp lực;
- Extra classes: Lớp học thêm;
- Humongous: To lớn, đồ sộ;
- Supportive: Ủng hộ;
- Caring: Quan tâm, lo lắng;
- Prestigious: Danh tiếng
- Have a good/ excellent memory: có một trí nhớ tốt/xuất sắc
- Have a memory like a sieve (=have a very bad memory): có một trí nhớ rất tệ
- Have a bad/ poor/ terrible etc memory: có một trí nhớ tồi tệ/kinh khủng
- Have a short memory (=only remember something for a short time, and soon forget it): chỉ nhớ trong một khoảng thời gian ngắn và nhanh quên
- Have a long memory (=be able to remember things for a long time): có khả năng nhớ lâu
- From memory (=using your memory, and not using notes or written instructions): từ trí nhớ / sử dụng trí nhớ, không dùng ghi chú hoặc các chỉ dẫn được viết ra
- Short-term memory (=your ability to remember things you have just seen, heard or experienced): trí nhớ ngắn hạn / khả năng ghi nhớ những gì mà bạn vừa nhìn thấy, nghe thấy hoặc trải nghiệm
- Remain/stay/be etched in your memory (=be remembered for a long time): được nhớ lâu / in đậm trong trí nhớ
- Lose your memory (=lose your ability to remember things): mất khả năng ghi nhớ
- Long-term memory (=your ability to remember events that happened a long time ago): trí nhớ dài hạn / khả năng ghi nhớ những sự kiện đã xảy ra cách đây rất lâu
- If my memory serves me correctly/right (=used to say that you are almost certain you have remembered correctly): dùng để nói rằng bạn hầu như chắc chắn rằng bạn vừa nhớ cái gì đó một cách chính xác
2. Bài mẫu Speaking Part 2 chủ đề Memories
Describe a memorable event of your life.
You should say:
- what it is;
- what happened;
- where you were.
There are several memorable events in my life that I can summon up and out of those, I would like to talk about the time when I was getting ready for the university entrance exam. This was an event that I still recall vibrantly.
In Vietnam, the University Entrance Exam is very crucial to any student’s future. Every high school graduates are obligated to take this examination in order to get into universities. Therefore, the pressure is understandably high.
During this time back in 2013, I had to not only go to school on the basis but also had to join extra classes because the content of the exam was humongous. To put it clearly, I went to school from 7 in the morning until 9 in the evening. The pressure was so high because you have to get good points in order to be admitted proper universities. However, my parents were very supportive and caring which help me to push more and try harder.
Looking back at it, although the pressure seems to be unhealthy for kids, I think it is worth it. My career, what I am doing, where I am and what I will become are all shaped by this event. If i didn’t pour out all of my effort, I would not be able to attend a prestigious university and would not receive a quality education. That’s why this is a very memorable event of my life. Thank you for listening.
Describe the best memory from your childhood. You should say:
- What it is
- When and where it happened
- Why you liked it so much and exaplin why you still remember it now
When I was about 11 years old I began to attend karate lessons. Before that I had been interested in playing soccer but wanted to try something different – you know, for a change. So my parents found a karate school near where we lived and I used to go twice a week in the evenings after school.
Anyway, after I had been there a few months the club announced that they were going to do a charity run – 10 kilometres – to raise money for a local charitable foundation. I had never done such a long run before but I started training with another person who also went to the karate club and we gradually trained ourselves for the event
I explained to all my friends and family about the event and they helped me to get a lot of sponsors for the run, people who would donate a sum of money for each of the kilometers run on the day of the event. We wanted to raise as much money as possible.
When it came time for the charity run, I remember it was a beautiful day, a Saturday in the morning, and we started at about 10am. The first part of the run was quite easy but soon everybody began to feel tired and slowed down. But we started to encourage each other and especially the few people at the back of the group and we all motivated each other to keep on going. It was tough, but we all finished eventually and we were extremely happy to have completed the entire 10 kilometres – quite an achievement for the first time.
I still remember it now, because it was such a great bunch of people, boys, girls and older people too and it was just like a big family doing something important together. There was a lot of support and camaraderie in the group – a great feeling. And we also raised a lot of money that day for a good cause in the community. So it was a very memorable event in my childhood.
Nguồn: DOL IELTS